Oct 04, 2023
ENG 103 - College Composition I Honors
Description: Composing expository and argumentative essays for specific audiences. Emphasis on the processes of writing, reading, and critical thinking. Advanced ENG 101 content and learning activities. Introduction to research and documentation.
Prerequisites: Placement by English skills assessment. Reading Proficiency.
General Education Competency: Written Communication
- Development strategies
- Sentence structure
- Sources and documentation
- Surface features
- Critical reading
- Critical thinking
- Write focus statements. (1)
- Apply reasoned development strategies. (2,11)
- Select and apply voice. (3,11)
- Use organizational strategies. (1,2,4,6,11)
- Use and select details. (5,7,11)
- Apply sentence structure strategies. (4,6,7)
- Incorporate purposeful, varied and appropriate vocabulary. (1,3,5,7,11)
- Locate, evaluate, integrate, and document information. (2,8,10,11)
- Apply conventions of standard written English. (7,9,10)
- Evaluate and analyze professional and student writing. (7,8,10,11)
- Use persuasive reasoning. (2,3,7,11)
- A minimum of 4500 words of student writing.