Oct 01, 2023
RAD 250 - Radiographic Pathology
Description: Concepts of disease and the etiology of selected pathologic conditions. Emphasis on the radiographic appearance of various diseases and the influence of pathologic conditions on exposure factor selection.
Prerequisites: RAD 200 .
Corequisite: RAD 230 and RAD 240 and RAD 260 .
- Manifestations of pathology
- Trauma classifications
- Disease process
- Healing process
- Systemic classifications
- Radiographic pathology
- Imaging procedures
- Define basic terms related to pathology. (1)
- Describe basic manifestations of pathological conditions and their relevance to radiologic procedures. (2)
- Discuss the classifications of trauma. (3)
- Describe the disease process, causes of tissue disruption and complications connected with the repair and replacement of tissue. (4)
- Describe the healing process.(5)
- Describe systemic classifications of disease in terms of etiology, types, common sites, complications and prognosis. (6)
- Identify selected radiographic pathology. (7)
- Identify imaging procedures and interventional techniques appropriate for diseases common to each body system. (8)
- Identify diseases caused by genetic factors. (9)