Oct 03, 2023
AVT 116 - Instrument Pilot Airplane Flight
Description: Flight by reference to instruments. Emphasis on instrument preflight, navigation, approach, emergency, and post-flight procedures. Includes the combination of a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved flight-training device simulator and/or actual flight time in preparation for the FAA instrument pilot airplane oral and practical test. TRAINING HOURS: Dual Instruction (182): 29; Dual AATD: 16.3; Solo: 0; Pilot Briefings: 21.5; Pre/Post: 5; Total Flight Experience: 45.3; Total Aeronautical Experience: 71.8. The Cessna 141 King Kits is included in this course for the required ground training.
Prerequisites: Admission into the Aerospace Science program. AVT 115 and AVT 214 (prerequisites may be taken concurrently).
- Preflight preparation
- Preflight procedures
- Air Traffic Control clearances and procedures
- Flight by reference to instruments
- Navigation systems
- Instrument approach procedures
- Emergency operations
- Postflight procedure
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, encompassing the requirements of 14CFR Part 141 Appendix C. (1-8)
- Instrument Practical Test-Instrument Airplane Rating.